Sunday, November 02, 2008

More Reviewmania!!

When this one starts you go "uh oh", but then this guy digs in and we're talking major Bruce love!

http://wearemoviegeeks.com/2008/11/review-my-name-is-bruce/

MONEY QUOTE:

As you can tell, the movie is very self referential and very self-deprecating. Bruce makes fun of himself, his fan base and low budget horror movies but it’s all in good fun. Perhaps my favorite line in the entire film comes when Bruce realizes he is in the trunk of the car of one of his fans. I won’t ruin the line but I will say that the delivery is perfect and it captures the whole spirit of the film. There is also a great attention to detail throughout the movie, with perhaps the most being the amount of Bruce Campbell memorabilia crammed into Jeff’s room. There are numerous references to many fan favorites but there are also some fake films not really in the Campbell filmology. I consider myself a big fan and even I was not sure whether or not some of the films were real, which added to the fun. Bruce even uses some lines of dialogue straight from his other films and takes on a hilarious “Ash” persona to pick up chicks.

“If you’re good I’ll show you my boomstick.”