Sunday, November 02, 2008

Another Intriguing My Name Is Bruce Review...

Fannish style. Another gratuitous Timecop slam (guys! That was a long time ago!) but what the hell...

http://www.tombofanubis.com/Reviews/A/MyNameIsBruce.html

MONEY QUOTE:

If you're a big Bruce fan, there's no reason not to like this movie. He seems relaxed here, like he's cutting loose and just having fun with the whole thing. The man's delivery style is this charismatically charged, concentrated form of intentional ham acting wrapped in a Hawaiian shirt that's all his own. My friends will all tell you tales of my legendary love of ham. Speaking of which, John Murtz, if you're reading this, sorry again about your fingers amigo... If you're not a Bruce fan, well, I have no idea if you'll like it or not cuz this really is a flick for the geeks amongst us. Give it a shot though, because it very well could make you a convert, he is that good... plus any money that anyone donates to the cause brings the rest of us that closer to another shot at seeing him on a big screen again that isn't full of plasma and sitting in my uncle George's living room. I fit in the former category of Bruce enthusiasts myself, so I can't wait to see it again tomorrow! You can bet your last pair of clean socks that I'll be putting in my reserve for a copy on Amazon when it hits DVD come February too. Hooch for the pooch!