Friday, February 11, 2011

I Spit On Your Motivation

I am impressed with good actors. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to stand in front of a crew of (more or less) strangers and finding the right emotional key.

So I am especially sympathetic to the cast in the new 2010 remake of I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE. I mean, there are some things you probably never prepped for in acting school. Like doing a lengthy scene with a shotgun shoved up your kiester, or being the revenge seeking individual doing the shoving. It can't be easy to find your emotional center while fish-hooks are yanking back your eyelids so crows can peck out your baby-blues. And what exactly is the correct amount of consternation after some rusty garden shears get busy on your privates? Just another day in the movie trenches, I guess.

I'm not sure what I think about the movie, but actors, I doff my chapeau at your endeavors!