Saturday, February 05, 2011

Howl Along With Huck

The internet is full of memories, like this piece on "Howl Along With Huckleberry Hound", a 33 RPM "Golden Record." My brothers and I used to spend hours listening to this record. (Note: we, and especially yours truly, were very very young.) I recently found a nice vinyl copy, as I continue to gradually restock my childhood, and I wonder when some enterprising soul will release this stuff officially. Oh well...

Records like this are what that ignited an early sense of the absurd in yours truly. As the review states, there's a character named "Orville" who repeatedly interrupts the orchestra and gets his ass chewed by Huckleberry Hound. Orville's only retort is to say "Nee-no noni nee-no." I have no idea what that means, but it was sure funny to a little kid.

All the details are at:

http://wayoutjunk.blogspot.com/2006/07/howl-along-with-huckleberry-hound-and.html