Saturday, March 22, 2008

Me and Thomas Kinkade...

When I first moved to Los Angeles "sometime ago" (*ahem*), my first port o'call was the gang-ridden Highland Park area, near Pasadena, and a run down apartment building known rather optimistically as The Golden Palms. I was rooming with my pal Paul Chadwick, as the building was a haven for people either attending or just out of the nearby Art Center For Design. So my next door neighbors were James Gurney (later the creator of "Dinotopia") and Thomas Kinkade, yes, that Thomas Kinkade, now known as the "painter of light." I eventually inherited Kinkade's rent-controlled apartment when he moved on, wall-spatter and all...

So it's a little surreal to see that someone's making a movie of Kinkade's life, starring Peter O'Toole and Jared Padalecki, called "Home for the Holidays." I can only wonder of the legandary Golden Palms will be making an appearance. And if Peter O'Toole's playing me, I'm gonna be pissed...