Thursday, November 09, 2006

San Diego Comicon: Because It's Never Too Early...

The annual San Diego Comicon has been growing by leaps and bounds over the years, with 2006's event the biggest, busiest yet. I've been to every show (sometimes for just a day, but nonetheless!) since 1983, and I always have a great time. It's a crazy amalgam of comics, movies, TV, manga, and just about any other pop culture artifact that exists, and a great place to spend a ton of dough on ridiculous collectibles. I have become quite an expert in that regard.

At any rate, in an effort to lower attendence this year, the San Diego people have asked me to be one of their "special guests" at the 2007 show, July 26 through 29th. I'm not quite sure what this means, except I don't have to sweat out finding a hotel room and I suppose I'll give a panel or two during the show.

The "sweating out a hotel room" part wasn't a joke... I know any number of folks who booked their 2007 rooms before the 2006 show was over. There is plenty of public transportation around S.D. if you happen to land a room that's not within walking distance of the convention center, but if you wait too long, you may be staying within flying distance (i.e., L.A.). So if you wanna make the show, and especially if you're on a budget, you need to start planning ASAP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.