Tuesday, November 07, 2006

EVIL DEAD the COMIC

Since someone asked about it in the comments, here's the scoop on the EVIL DEAD comic book adaptation. With the blessing of the Raimi/Tapert/Campbell crew, I'm writing an enhanced, 88 page (4 issue) adaptation of the first movie. Since I don't think anyone's all that interested in a beat-for-beat adaptation (if you want to see the movie, you can buy/rent it), the point here is to expand on the original film and give a little more background on Ashleigh, Scotty and the ladies, and explore the world between the narrative cracks in the movie itself. All this is told from the POV of Ash as he looks back on his experience, giving the, umm, "adventure" his own unique spin.

All this is being illustrated by the amazing John Bolton, who is painting every page. This is where the project really comes alive, because John's work is absolutely amazing, chilling and disturbing. The demons are absolutely horrifying... no kidding.

Deadline-wise, John's currently painting issue #3 and I'll be writing #4 as soon as I wrap up my current Battlestar duties. But this is definitely a "no wine before it's time" project... it's taking awhile, but I think the end product will definitely blow a few minds. Look for it sometime in 2007...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks mr Verheiden(i was asking for info on the comic in the previous article)!!!
Looking really forward to this!!!(and"My name is bruce" of course)
Keep up the good work!!!

Deckle said...

I hope their is lots of backstory and that it focuses on Ash and I know you got some great one liners for Ash.