Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Today In Canada

Spent the day, as usual these days, dealing with Hemlock Grove business (details soon!).  Returning "home," I turned on CNN to catch up with the latest American news and learned:

Russell Brand is pretty funny. (Oops, not American.)

Somebody puts needles in a turkey sandwich on an airline flight. (Oops, I don't think it was an American flight.)

A snake handling minister got bit and died.  (Definitely U.S.)

Former Senator John Sununu said that President Obama needs to learn how to be an American.  He quickly half apologized, which leads me to note that I believe John Sununu needs to learn how to be an American, and, oh.  "Sorry."

The ever-vigilant Michelle Bachmann claims that the Muslim Brotherhood is infiltrating the American Government (specifically in the form of Hilary Clinton's assistant) and evidently that requires her and like-minded paranoids to, no, not alert the FBI, but take their assertions to right wing radio.  Who I am sure will solve this desperate problem in the nick of time.  Or eventually offer a half-assed "sorry."

Some right wing dude named Erich Erichson has a job on CNN spouting right-wing talking points. I would report on his carefully considered bromides but I automatically leave the viewing area and reach for the nearest liquor whenever this guy appears on my screen.

Even Grover Norquist was offended by Michelle Bachmann's anti-Muslim charges because he's married to a Muslim woman.  I assume, however, that they remain friends on the tax issue, another instance of "it depends on whose ox is being gored."

Because of f'ing Erich Erichson I'm drinking too much Maker's Mark...

That is all...

An actress I don't know is doing ads for Depends...

I'm going to bed...


3 comments:

Muldfeld said...

Pretty funny.

Erick Erickson has some site called Red State.com. I can't stand the guy, either. But it's so typical of CNN to hire right wing idiots and bigots and then call mainstream corporate Democrats like James Carville "left-wing". Erickson is kinda purposely over-the-top; he almost always has a smirk, so I don't take him seriously. A guy I hate even more is Bush's former press secretary Ari Fleisher. Why couldn't they hire Bush's later press sec Scott McClellan? At least he apologized for his involvement in Bush's lies and for that Bob Dole sent him an angry email to the effect of "you're dead to me" and Ari Fleisher implied he'd gone insane, that "he's not the Scott I remember." You can always count on CNN to hire the most racist, fascistic creeps (Glenn Beck and Lou Dobbs as well as many current FoxNews anchors got there start there), especially if they're hot women; they hire Tea Party rep Dana Loesch, but there's no participant of Occupy Wall Street. So much for balance. God, I hate CNN.

victoriawinters said...

Your blog always makes my day. This entry has made me need a Depends. Take care!

Anonymous said...

You're not the only one disappointed with CNN;s direction (or lack of same). As you're in Toronto, you're unable to benefit from your daily New Your Times subscription and might've missed this story: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/cnn-president-jim-walton-step-network-hefty-ratings-drop-article-1.1123392?localLinksEnabled=false

and, by the way...your wifey misses you!