Sunday, July 22, 2012

Piling On...

So a slightly tongue-tied newsman on CNN just said he was about to interview someone who tried to protect a friend during the Aurora shooting and died in the effort.  Okay...

You may wonder why I'm calling attention to news gaffes as opposed to offering some insight into how or why I think these awful killings took place.  Truth is, I have none, or at least not any that haven't been expressed by many others many times before.

We live in a country where people have ready access to guns and ammunition.  We also live in a country where people occasionally decide to use those guns in truly awful ways.  I don't think the Batman movie or violent media or the general lack of Godliness (thank you for that, Rep. Louie Gohmert) had anything to do with it.  Obviously I have no idea why the shooter did what he did, but I'm guessing the guy was severely disturbed and this was how his disturbance eventually expressed itself. 

It's a terrible tragedy for the people who were killed or injured, but as for deeper lessons?  I wish there were fewer guns in this world, but that's about I've got... 

No comments: