Thursday, April 16, 2009

TONIGHT on CBS - CSI! By guys I know!

I've been in hunkered-down writer-guy mode for awhile now, but that doesn't mean I don't occasionally come up for air. Between plotting how to personally secede from the union (Texas Governor Rick Perry owes me an e-mail!), throwing out my blue jeans (George Will doesn't like them! http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/editorial/outlook/6375695.htm) and going to see Springsteen (also tonight!), I've got to point out something cool on television!

Tonight, on CSI! AKA "Crime Scene Investigation." AKA, that show that just keeps going and going and going...

But forget all that! Tonight's episode was written by my good buddies David Weddle and Bradley Thompson and directed by the extraordinarily talented all-around good guy Michael Nankin. Battlestar fans will certainly recognize these names, and it appears the apple doesn't fall far from the Galactica tree. Tonight's show is set at a science fiction convention and explodes certain, umm, "tropes" regarding reinventing old shows. Check it out, 9:00PM on CBS! Remember, tonight at least, CBS stands for Certain to Be Sensational!