Saturday, April 04, 2009

HEROES Keeps On Hero-ing...

I've been in madcap work mode for as long as I can remember, so there's not much to update at the moment (that I can actually write about). HOWEVER...

Heroes Season Three is still finishing up (post-production stuff mostly, shooting is done done done) and there are four pretty great episodes coming your way, if I do say so myself (and I did, so...)

This week's episode, "Turn And Face The Strange", was co-written by yours truly and Rob Fresco, and digs into some heartbreaking turns for two unlikely characters. Rob and I did a "writer's commentary" on the episode that I'm told will be on the internet by midnight Monday, after the episode airs, so if you're into "backstage stuff", there you go! Rob and I desperately tried to work up a rivalry during the writing of the show but instead we (sigh, no story here) managed to work together well AND remain friends.

And while my good friends at Heroes and NBC/Universal would be loathe for me to reveal any of the twists and turns to come, there's some cool stuff coming up. Week after next is "1961," a great episode written by Aron Coleite that presents another intriguing chapter of Hero-lore. Then we get into the big finale episodes. Episode #24, written by Adam Armus and Kay Foster, explores one of our darker characters in a unique and fascinating way and tees up the season finale, written by Tim Kring, which is a total knock out and a shocker. I will say no more... just be prepared for some, *ahem*, startling twists and turns.

I'll say more as we get closer to each air-date, but I just wanted to whet some appetites...