Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Updates and Etc.

The i09 website covers me... covering me. A short blurb on HEROES...

http://io9.com/5042081/heroes-gets-pulled-over-by-timecop

I continue to settle in and get acclimated to this new, complex HERO-centric world. There's always a short hand that develops between writers who have been doing a show for awhile (and most of the folks on HEROES have been there since season one), so just picking up the lingo is part of the learning curve. You would be amazed what "he does the thing, and then this guy, he does the other thing" actually means. (It's pretty exciting, trust me.)

In other news, barring disaster I'll be on a panel at the Las Vegas BlogWorld convention on Saturday afternoon, Sept. 20, discussing blogging during the WGA strike (aren't we trying to put that behind us? I know I am!) and other germane topics of interest. Hopefully I won't also gamble the house away and leave Las Vegas in the proverbial barrel. But that is always a possibility. Anyway, go to blogworldexpo.com for more thrillin' info...

Many other interesting developments in the pipeline, beyond HEROES (like that's not enough?), but nothing I can announce quite yet. Though I'm no longer in the BATTLESTAR offices, I understand post-production work on the last ten/eleven/who knows how many episodes is continuing at a lightning pace, and they're either shooting or moments away FROM shooting the BSG movie. Writer/producer Jane Espenson has more on those developments over on her blog (url to the right). It's a fun story and I can't wait to see it, either! I also believe the pilot for VIRTUALITY has more or less wrapped, a project on which I am uninvolved except as an unofficial cheerleader and fingers-crossed-it-gets-picked-up science fiction enthusiast...