Friday, August 03, 2007

Assorted Thoughts...

BATTLESTAR

There are a bunch of rumors floating around about season four, nothing surprising about that, except some of the more recent "spoilers" I've seen are flat out wrong. So take a lot of what you're seeing out there with a grain o'salt. (And I'm not going to confirm or deny any of them, which I'm sure makes it all even MORE maddening...)

ROBERT GORDON

My favorite rockabilly stylist has a brand new album out, "It's Now Or Never", a collection of Elvis Presley covers. As with all things Gordon, this comes highly recommended. His pipes are just getting sweeter with age...

FLETCHER HANKS

The first edition of "I Will Destroy All The Civilized Planets", a collection of comic book work by the incomparable Fletcher Hanks, has completely sold out and a second printing is on the way. Much like Ed Wood, Mr. Hanks appears to be finding more fame in the afterlife than ever before.

POWER POP/RASPBERRIES

The reformed Raspberries have just released a two CD live set from Oct. 2005, "Live On The Sunset Strip." I haven't had a chance to sample the tunes yet, but it's the original line-up, including Eric Carmen, so I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it's great. All the hits and more...

No comments: