Monday, July 09, 2007

New Release: ALIENS OMNIBUS

Long before I was involved with BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, SMALLVILLE or PERVERSIONS OF SCIENCE (look it up on the IMBD.com database), I wrote a bunch of comics spinning off from the second, James Cameron ALIENS movie. Dark Horse Comics has just reissued all 14 issues of the three mini-series I did, along with the very first short story from DARK HORSE PRESENTS, in a nice, full color collection called ALIENS OMNIBUS. These were some of the most successful comics I ever wrote, with the 14 issues collectively selling several million copies.

These are the "remastered" versions, with the names of the characters changed from the original release. "Billie" was originally "Newt", etc. Unfortunately, after ALIENS 3 came out, some of the story points in my tales were, umm, mooted by the deaths of several main characters from the Cameron ALIENS movie, so Dark Horse re-lettered the stories in the 90's to put the books back into continuity with the movie franchise. Doesn't really change the story, just a piece of trivia for you ALIENS buffs...

I also did three PREDATOR comic series "in the day" that I'm hopeful will also get the OMNIBUS treatment. There's quite a story behind that bunch of comics, too, but I'll save that for if and when they're released...

Here's a link if you have a mind to pick a copy up...

No comments: