Monday, December 05, 2011

More Stuff I Like

Have to admit I never got into King Crimson or the League of Crafty Gentleman, but Robert Fripp's "Frippertronics" recordings from the late 70's/early 80's really hit the sweet spot with me. These eerie tape loop compositions, never played the same way twice, should be resurrected for David Lynch's next weirdness. (Actually, for all I know he's used some Fripp music in one of his movies!) Happily, Mr. Fripp has seen fit to make a lot of these recordings (plus his other live work) available via high quality download, all of it available here. Highly recommended!

http://www.dgmlive.com/index.php

In other news, I've become fascinated with the jam/blues of Blue Floyd, a band from 2000-ish that "covered" Pink Floyd in very cool arrangements. There is a studio album available and three live shows (so far), all exceptionally well played and recorded. Amazon has the catalog, and of course I now have them all. Very cool stuff...

No comments: