Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hot Coffee

I love McDonalds coffee, and I guess I'm not alone. Consumer Reports has rated it highly and evidently the Scotsman is giving Starbucks a run for their money. That said, I was always leery at the jokes directed toward the elderly woman who was scalded by a cup of molten Macs joe, sued and won a $2.7 million dollar judgement. Maybe it was the experience of finally serving on a jury myself last year, but there simply had to be more to the story.

And there was. A new documentary called Hot Coffee goes into the case and explains exactly what happened, which evidently isn't quite as funny as the imaginary version invented by comedians and pundits. I haven't see the doc yet but if this review is any indication, it's on my list!

http://prospect.org/cs/articles?article=burned_by_the_courts

No comments: