Friday, January 28, 2011

I Was Gone, Now I'm Back...

Been out gallivanting for awhile, but now I'm back in the saddle, tanned (as much as SPF 85 will allow), rested and... well, not that rested, but... oh never mind.

Work continues on the post-production of Falling Skies Season One... we have cuts of all the episodes and our highly capable CGI folks continue to refine and create the special effects required to make these shows sing. It's hard to believe we're still months away from the TNT debut (Summer 2011! Be there!), but I suspect the date will sneak up quickly.

I've been trying to catch up with my movie watching, to varying degrees of success. I saw parts of a silent, tiny TV version of "The Social Network" on a recent flight (I opted to listen to my i-pod in a vain attempt to fall asleep) and wow, there are sure a lot of scenes of people sitting around a conference table! Yes, it's erudite criticism like that that should land me a spot as guest reviewer on the new Roger Ebert movie show any day now. I have a stack of discs on the queue waiting to be viewed, but somehow when it's time to hit the play button I've been opting for old "Highway Patrol" episodes and whatever's easily accessible on the TiVo.

Theatrically, "The Mechanic" looks interesting... both because I enjoy Jason Stathem in just about anything, and because the Charles Bronson original is one of those rare 70's films that doesn't feel dated. I'm very curious if the remakers opted to go with the original film's rather bleak worldview...

And that's the rather unimpressive update. Hopefully there will be somewhat more impressive news soon!