Friday, February 27, 2009

Other Stuff...

As the Hollywood Reporter noted in an article on Wednesday, I'm furiously tickling the keyboard on a feature project for DreamWorks Pictures called "Quatermain." I'm reluctant to reveal plot details, except to say it's big, live action and would not be outside the wheel-well for fans of, say, Battlestar Galactica. There's no CONNECTION to Battlestar, just saying it's hopefully got a little of that mojo...

Posting has been light because I am busy on all fronts and really can't think of anything to say. That's why films about writers are usually about everything except writing... a guy sitting at a computer for hours on end just doesn't make for scintillating drama. To give you some idea of how much time I've been spending at the keys, while working I load my CD collection into i-tunes so I can download everything into my i-pod for my listening pleasure. I'm up to almost 1200 albums now, or over 80 days of straight listening pleasure.

(Correction: I hadn't checked my i-pod stats in awhile. I'm actually up to 214 solid days of music, almost 20,000 songs. Thank goodness for the 160GB i-pod!)

Movie wise, I finally caught the new Friday The 13th redo. I am an unapologetic Jason fan (I actually wrote a script for Freddy VS Jason way back when), but I dunno, this one just didn't capture the elan of the earlier movies for me. (My favorite is still Friday Part VI, Jason Lives... it had gore, one of the kids from Welcome Back Kotter was disemboweled in the teaser, and there was loads of iconic Jason action.) But since the new one's made an insane amount of money, I guess it's another instance of "Mark not knowing what the hell he's talking about." (I did think the trailer for the Last House On The Left remake looked pretty hot.)