Thursday, July 03, 2008

Ketchup...

Blogging has been a bit sporadic, I've been swamped the last few weeks -- which is good! Most of what I've been doing is at that delicate "talking stage" and hence remains secured in the unmentionables drawer for now. Much of the writing life involves the frighteningly prosaic act of mulling things over, and while the "life of the mind" provided much fodder for the Coen Brothers (Barton Fink, see it!), in real life it considers of sitting at the computer and banging around ideas in between thrilling sessions of solitaire.

The Battlestar wrap party was last Saturday night and it was a joyous if somewhat bittersweet event. I had a chance to chat with Michael Hogan (Tigh) and he really put his finger on it; Battlestar's been a wonderful experience, but this thing we do, whether it's writing or acting or whatever, is by definition a nomadic existence. I always assume that my "best work", whatever that is, lies ahead, and while Battlestar's certainly set the bar a lot higher, I still believe that. It's a big ol' exciting world out there... meanwhile, we're still shooting the finale episode(s) and I'm still working on various finish-up stuff, so wrap party aside, over doesn't really mean over until it's over...

In other news, it appears that I'll be involved in the Dark Horse panel at the big San Diego convention later in July. Bruce Campbell will also put in an appearance and clips from the long awaited My Name Is Bruce will be on display. I haven't got an exact time yet but it will be Saturday, and hopefully won't collide with the Battlestar panel, which promises to be a star-studded affair. Otherwise I don't have any panels scheduled, so I'll just be wandering the halls looking at a expensive comic books and meeting up with old pals.

More as it becomes available!