Saturday, February 16, 2008

Another Day, Another Dollar...

It's been almost fourteen weeks since I've been able to say that, and it feels good. Without the daily grind of a strike to gird my blog production, combined with the addition of this pesky "work" to my schedule, I may not be here as much as I was during the work stoppage, but I'll do my best.

While I was off work an attempt was made to scrimp and save, but one eBay auction caught my eye and demanded wallet attention. When I was a kid, I picked up my comics from the local drug store's spinner rack, which had the famous "Hey Kids! Comics!!" logo emblazoned on the table. I've always wanted one of these racks for my own books, and opportunity finally knocked thanks to the auction site. And now I've finally got my own "Hey Kids! Comics!!" spinner in my home office, just waiting to be filled with the funny books of my choice.

I guess it is true, you spend most of your adult life trying to recreate the naive joys of childhood anyway you can. Now if I can just find a mint-in-the-box Man From U.N.C.L.E. briefcase/cap-gun set...