Saturday, January 26, 2008

WGA Strike - Day 83

Mark Evanier has another excellent piece up at his blog, this time on the ever-thrilling rumor mill churning over WGA strike developments.

http://www.newsfromme.com/archives/2008_01_26.html#014706

I can attest to the rampaging "rumors" situation; I received an almost panicked e-mail yesterday claiming negotiations has completely broken down, then read that things were actually all peachy at Nikke Finke's site (see url to the right for Deadline Hollywood). And I have no idea of either is true, not that I doubt Nikke's reporting, but who knows why people are talking to reporters and if there may be another agenda at play.

Mark's sage advice is to expect another bump or two in the road before this mess resolves. On that, I agree completely. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst...