Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Stuff I Don't Like...

I was clicking around another site and found a link to an interview with a reasonably interesting person. So I clicked over, only to discover it was a "podcast." Which meant, of course, that I couldn't read the interview, I had to listen to it, all thirty + minutes if I wanted the entire piece.

Maybe I'm alone in this hurly-burly world, but I don't have spare thirty minute increments available for casual interest interviews, and this gets especially annoying when I know I could probably read/skim the piece in five minutes or less. (And no, I can't let the interview run in the background while working, because those spoken words interfere with my page-words and suddenly Adama is talking about Green Lantern and the shaky house of cards that is Battlestar collapses in on itself like a dwarf star...)

I guess I'm just saying it would be nice to have a written transcript along with the audio document...