Thursday, February 01, 2007

What's New? Not Much.

That headline isn't quite true, there's all sorts of stuff percolating, just nothing that I can report quite yet. As mentioned in my interview over at Comic Book Resources, I've started work writing a pilot for the SPIKE network, details to come. It's pretty cool, in my not-so-humble opinion, but it's too early to do anything but say "I'm starting!"

Several other things are bobbing out on the horizon, but nothing's nailed down enough for comment. MY NAME IS BRUCE is still in process, looking at a release this Summer or Fall. No news re: a BSG renewal, at least as far as I know this evening. There isn't even a new episode BSG to push this weekend, just repeats while we await the dispersal of Super Bowl fever.

A number of other writer-based blogs offer tips to the novice scribe, and maybe this is a good place to offer one of mine: never count on (or boast about) anything until the check clears. (I used to think a signed contract was the breaking point, but I've had projects come apart even at THAT stage, so...) Because there are so many slips twixt the cup and the lip...

1 comment:

Mark Verheiden said...

The SPIKE pilot is an original idea, not science fiction (I know, "what th?!!") but suitably cool and edgy nonetheless. Details will be coming soon...