Thursday, June 07, 2007

Battlestar Galactica - Cinerama Style

There was a wonderful BSG panel/party/get-together at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood last night (Wednesday), hosted by Lucy Lawless. Lots of fans and journalists braved the... uhh... well, very nice weather to attend. So I'm not sure much bravery was actually involved! After a panel and some clips from the upcoming RAZOR movie, there was excellent conversation in the Arclight's upstairs bar area.

As always, I was impressed with the passion of the BSG fans, who asked some great questions. I also started to get a little blue when people kept noting that this season would be BSG's last hurrah. We have such a great cast and crew it's just a little sad to think this too must end. But so it goes in television, life and "etc."

Hopefully there will be more events as we plow ahead with season four, meanwhile, David Eick is right, the next season is really going to kick butt. Prepare yourselves!

3 comments:

Jingoist said...

And congrats to Mr. Edward James Almos on his 2 ALMA awards the other night (one of which was for BSG).

Looking forward to Season 4!

Emily Blake said...

That was indeed one of the mroe entertaining panels I've seen.

I wish I'd gotten to talk to you more than the rushed hello as I was swept away. I was tracking down my party invitation at the time.

That show must be so much fun to work on.

Loco said...

First of all, thanks for the great work you do on BSG, Mr. Verheiden! Lay Down Your Burdens II is my favorite episode!

Sounds like a wonderful time at the Cinerama Dome, and it was so generous of you and the rest of the BSG folks to come out for the fans!

I really hope that sometime before BSG is over, some sort of East Coast event can take place. There are a lot of fans over here that never get to attend these sorts of things. We love BSG, too!!