Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Battlestar Galactica Webisodes

Ten glorious new "webisodes" for BATTLESTAR GALACTICA are being unveiled starting today at the Sci-Fi Channel's website. There is a nice article in today's New York Times about the project, which discusses everything from the genesis of the project to the thorny issues they have raised between NBC/Universal and the Writer's Guild. Perhaps along those lines, the NY Times article left out one of the most important facts, which is that the webisodes were written by Bradley Thompson and David Weddle. Who did a heck of a job, and I mean that in the sincere "not-Michael Brownie" way...

While watching the webisodes won't be essential to understanding the new season of BATTLESTAR, they are compelling in their own right and do set the stage for some intriguing character revelations in season three. And make no mistake, these are full blown, produced stories, with many from the main GALACTICA cast playing roles. Check 'em out!

4 comments:

Christopher Mills said...

Since I don't have cable, I've been watching BG on DVD. I've only made it halfway through Season 2, so I have to ask: if I watch those webisodes, will it spoil surprises in the second half of S2?

I've been doing a good job of avoiding spoilers so far (not an easy task in this day & age), and I'd like to keep doing it until I'm caught up.

Mark Verheiden said...

This one is simple: YES. Catch up, then check out the webisodes.

Mark Verheiden said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mark Verheiden said...

Timewalker: Not quite sure how that one comment published three times, but I'm still new at this blogging stuff. Re: the webisodes appearing on DVD, I can be clear and completely candid about this: I have no idea. I'm not involved in those decisions. I'm also not involved in DVD pricing, the split of season two into two box sets, or any other retail oriented situation...