Monday, March 12, 2007

Richard Jeni - RIP

Sad news this weekend, it appears comedian Richard Jeni committed suicide at age 49. I met Jeni once or twice during my involvement with THE MASK, and remember him as an energetic, nice guy.

Looking back, I recall a lot of folks thought Jeni would be the break-out star from the movie, but for whatever reason that didn't really happen. But he had a great career in stand-up, with multiple HBO specials under his belt. And he was really funny.

Elayne Boozler has a nice piece on Jeni over at the Huffington Post, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/elayne-boosler/remembering-comedian-rich_b_43155.html, including some of his best laugh lines. My favorite, "The way I see it, we're all flying on the Hindenburg, why fight over the window seats?" Yep...

No comments: