Friday, January 09, 2009

Battlestar Galactica RETURNS Jan. 16!

One week from today, new episodes of Battlestar Galactica will finally, I mean FINALLY hit the airwaves. If you're lucky and in Los Angeles you'll be at a super-secret big screen unveiling with me and the cast. If you're in Portland Oregon you can watch it "writ large" at the Bagdad Theater courtesy radio station fellas Cort and Fatboy (hopefully I'll see you there Jan. 30, weather willing!), and if you're elsewhere... well I got nuthin'.

As for WHAT you'll be seeing... I've said it before and I'll say it again, prepare yourselves. When the writers came back after the strike and watched the first eleven episodes (the one that airs next Friday was shot pre-strike), I know I was struck by just how nerve-wracking events were getting for the characters on the show. There's a moment in next week's episode that will punch fans in the gut... I know because it sure walloped me. It's one of those rare moments when, even after being involved in the story break and then watching dailies, my mind's eye view of the scene was nothing compared to the way it came off on screen. Perhaps I can discuss more fully AFTER the dang thing finally runs...

Obviously I am not getting into spoilers, but here's hoping folks jump on for the last hurrah. January 16, 10PM, Sci-Fi Channel! Be there!