Thursday, January 01, 2009

Battlestar Galactica - The Final Reviews CORRECTION

Well, it's getting down to the wire and review copies of the first "new" episode, "Sometimes A Great Notion", have gone out. Mo Ryan at the Chicago Tribune has a nice rundown and a plea for folks to please avoid spilling spoilers. As an interested party, I just want to say "thanks for that!" I'm not usually so picky, and in fact I sympathize with the promotional departments struggling to put together teasers designed to lure in viewers without giving up the store. But the surprises and jolts are part of the fun of this final stretch. In fact, Ms. Ryan notes that one scene was excised from her screener to help keep one of the surprises "a surprise", and to be honest, I'm not sure which scene they removed. There's that much going on!

Anyway, January 16 will be here before you know it... so avoid those spoilers and enjoy!

CORRECTION: I just reread Mo Ryan's review and there's no mention of a missing scene. I must have read or imagined or, yes, dreamed this elsewhere. Either way, the "please don't spoil" part of this post is still accurate. This sort of thing explains why I eschewed a journalism career...

CORRECTION OF CORRECTION: The mention of the missing scene was in the comments section of Mo's column. My journalistic acumen remains UNBLEMISHED...