Monday, December 03, 2007

WGA Strike - Day 29

It was exceptionally cold on the picket line this morning, until the sun exploded over the hills around 8:30 AM and suddenly... well, it was warm. Despite (or perhaps because of) the frustrating news from last week, attendance was actually up and enthusiasm/determination remains high. After getting an update on the state of the talks from a member of the negotiating committee (in our case we were briefed by Neal Baer, showrunner from LAW AND ORDER SVU), I'll just say that I'm confident in our leadership and look forward to, fingers crossed, some productive talks.

One of the news outlets had a quote from someone on the studio side complaining that it seems like writers would rather "rally than make a deal." Trust me, writers would like nothing better than to get back to work. If I felt the Guild was asking for something unrealistic or pie-in-the-sky, I'd be the first to push for a quick settlement, but the simple fact is, the WGA's demands are modest. So I'll cross my fingers once again and hope we can get this settled!

No comments: