Wednesday, December 05, 2007

BSG and TREK - HIGH DEF!

Unfortunately, I have yet to step up to a high def television system. But with the finger's crossed optimism that has become a hallmark of the Verheiden household, I've picked up the BSG Season One High Def set, and the season one original STAR TREK set. Assuming that one day, I too will enjoy high def.

Fortunately, the TREK set can be viewed in high def and regular def, so I was able to enjoy some of the new "remastered" FX, music and etc. I was surprised at how unobtrusive the changes were (at least in "The Corbomite Maneuver", the one episode I've sampled so far), and frankly I have little problem with the spruce-up. (I also have the entire original series on DVD already, so if I want to see/experience the original version, they remain ripe for the plucking).

No comments: