Thursday, May 31, 2007

More Teen Titans

Just a couple more comments, after getting a few e-mails and digesting some comments elsewhere:

1) I'm not sure why so many folks are assuming we won't be using the "top tier" Titans. I'm not ready to list the characters we ARE using (other than Nightwing), but you won't be disappointed. There's also a lot of discussion about possible "rights issues." There were internal conversations re: which characters we'll be using, but last time I checked, Time/Warner still owned DC Comics, meaning it's all in the family.

2) The Hollywood Reporter article says I wrote the TIMECOP and MASK comics. I did do some TIMECOP comic book stories, but also wrote the movie and created the television series. I did not, however, write any MASK comics, just worked on the movie. I realize these details are insignificant to most readers, but what the heck, it's my blog.

More as news develops...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for clearing that up.

I was also quite confused about how would possible characters like Kid Flash or Donna Troy wouldn't be used because of «copyright issues» with the Flash and Wonder Woman movies which are still somewhere in the pipeline.

But I guess that's irrelevant...

Anyway, here's hoping Starfire and Raven make into the movie roster.

Unknown said...

That's awesome!

I don't know if you've seen it, but this was up over at digg.com about the casting for the movie:

Casting ideas for the new Teen Titan Movie

Love your work on Smallville and Superman/Batman, and I also just noticed that you wrote My Name is Bruce, which was apparently shot somewhere here in Oregon (I'm in Grants Pass).

Keep up the good work!

Grimalkinmao said...

Ok, just have to say:

WoooHooo!

That it. Carry on.

:::wink:::

Anonymous said...

speaking of comics.....when is the Evil Dead adaptaion set to come out? do you have any preview cover pages?

Anonymous said...

Is there any news when casting will start for the Teen Titans film or where they will be held?