Saturday, November 01, 2008

Bit And Pieces...

I've been swamped trying to finish a project the last month or so and hence my infrequent blogging the last few days. When you're basically doing little but getting up, having coffee and working all day, there isn't exactly a lot of discuss. Especially when I'm working on various projects that require a certain amount of discretion. I.e., "no spoilers!!" Of course national events have been exciting, but aside from a rousing "go vote! Go Obama!" I'm not sure if my endorsement here will turn the election...

I did manage to do my one hour on-camera chat for the upcoming Battlestar Blu-Ray DVD set. This evidently will be coming after the entire series has concluded because I was able to be open about various events. It's funny, I'm so used to being closed-mouthed that it was hard to switch modes and talk openly about assorted plot points and mega-spoilers, which of course won't be mega-spoilers by then. I also tossed in some amusing-in-hindsight production anecdotes, like the way, on my final day of shooting on my last episode, it seemed like everything mechanical involved in a scene decided to go wrong at once. (Don't worry, we eventually got everything we needed.)

I've been so insanely busy that I got a copy of the last three episodes of Battlestar Galactica and, incredibly, haven't had a chance to watch them yet. This weekend though. However, at this juncture, I can confirm that they do, in fact, exist. (Was there any doubt?) I did watch the first eight minutes, found myself getting totally sucked in and had to stop to finish what needed to be finished. Grrr...

Meanwhile, Heroes continues to roll along. Since I joined up with the second arc for season three (which will start in Jan. 2009) I've been somewhat mum on my adventures, but I am amazed by the scope of these shows. And, as usual, how hard everyone works to get stuff done.

Meanwhile, I'm still listening to Mr. Springsteen compulsively... his Magic Tour has been a revelation in terms of bringing back ancient cover-versions and even a few new ones. Steppenwolf's "Born To Be Wild" and the Beatles "Boys" are, I'm pretty sure, new additions to the Springsteen set, but he's also done chestnuts like "Gloria", Manfred Mann's "Pretty Flamingo", John Fogerty's "Rockin' All Over The World" and "Who'll Stop The Rain"... and in what must have a very cool moment, Tom Waits' "Jersey Girl." The sound of ten thousand stadium voices joining in on this elegiac tune is really quite moving...