Saturday, July 07, 2007

Things I've Seen In L.A...

I've been down in Southern California for a lot of years now, and in that time I've seen some "things." Some fun, some not so fun. Here are a couple:

FUN: Driving home from the studio the other day, I passed Jay Leno into some 1930-ish classic car, and Ed Begley Jr. behind the wheel of an all electric Rav. It's a weird world when you have more star sightings sitting in traffic than you do at a movie studio. Aaron Douglas popped by the BSG offices the other day, but kibitzing with the cast of your own show doesn't really count as a sighting...

NOT SO FUN: I was waiting in traffic on La Brea Avenue awhile back (going South toward the 10 freeway, to place the scene for L.A. natives) when I noticed the tell-tale flash of police lights up ahead. Usually this means an accident and a still longer wait, but this time it was evidentally a police action involving some sort of "problem" Because as I sat in the crush of cars, an African American man charged down the middle of the street, weaving between cars, laughing and swinging a Samurai sword as a couple of LAPD officers (toting shotguns) made chase. The odd thing is how L.A. motorists more or less took the event in stride. I watched the guy approach, bounce off my side mirror, then continued to follow his progressio in the rear view as he continued down the street, swinging and laughing that sword as the cops and their shotguns made chase...

No comments: