Friday, July 13, 2012

Me and SDCC

Because of my ongoing (and exciting!) work on the Netflix series Hemlock Grove, it looked like I was going to miss my first San Diego Comic-Con in 28 years.  But then -- BUT THEN -- thanks to the arrival of "the weekend," direct flights from Toronto to San Diego (thank you Air Canada) and my fearless ability to prop up the Canadian airline industry by blowing obscene amounts of money on tickets, I'm coming out for Saturday and Sunday after all.  I have no panels and no specific chores this year, but I'll be the tired looking big guy in the original art/comic book aisles (like THAT narrows it down).

Meanwhile, I hope everyone enjoys/enjoyed (depending on when this is read) the Falling Skies panel, and I send my best to the cast and crew. I realize these are ultimately "jobs," but everyone on F.S. from TNT on-through was a pleasure to work with and I hope for them that the series goes for many years to come.  

Back to work!

3 comments:

Muldfeld said...

You'll probably and understandably keep it private, but I thought I'd ask: Why aren't you returning for "Falling Skies" Season 3?

Mark Verheiden said...

There's no scandal or mystery here... I loved working on Falling Skies, but the chance to get in on the ground floor of Hemlock Grove came along and I couldn't pass it up. I truly wish everyone on Falling Skies the best, that was a great experience...

Muldfeld said...

I'm glad. The only reason I bought Season 1 on DVD (which I've yet to watch with my sci fi loving mother) was due to your involvement -- not the actors, not Spielberg, not anyone else.