Sunday, August 03, 2008

Technical Difficulties...

Blogging has been admittedly light for the last couple of weeks, though not because nothing's going on. In fact I'm busier than ever, working on my feature project ARK, a script for a certain "unnamed" television show, and even a story for my friends at DC Comics. And there are several more balls in the air, some promising to drop soon. For a perpetual cynic who always expects his last project to really BE his last project, it's been a challenge to maintain my usual doom filled attitude. But don't worry, I'll manage...

On top of that, cable modem and TV went out this morning, forcing me to resort to my laptop with a dicey wireless cellular connection and, dear God, "dial up." It only takes everything to go out to remind you how much you take for granted in this technological age. I'm also reminded how some services (land line telephone, for instance) remain pretty consistent. I've never given up getting dial-up modems in my home computer, just for occasions like this.

Sad day last week, though, as I finally cleaned out my Battlestar office (more or less). I was stationed at the BSG CIC over three years, almost a record for me, but it wasn't that big a move since I has purged most of my stuff back before the grand and glorious labor action that was "the WGA strike." And I left a lot of paper (scripts, drafts, outlines) for our writer's assistant to purge. (Sorry, Ben!) Anyway, I'm not sure what the future holds for moi re: future BSG projects, but it was time to get my cheap pens, aspirin and liquor (the three writing essentials!) outta there.

But the BSG march-to-glory continues for many others. Editing continues and mucho special FX remain to be special-effected before the last bunch of episodes are ready to air, and there's still that much rumored movie (I haven't been keeping up, has anything been officially announced yet?) and CAPRICA. So those craving continuing fixes of the BSG universe don't have to go into painful withdrawal yet. And I keep hoping they'll arrange some big ol' screenings for the final season, since BSG looks great on the big screen. But that's all still aways off...