Friday, July 12, 2013

Catching up...

Now that the frenzy of Sharknado has abated and the big San Diego ComicCon looms, time to FOCUS.

NEWS!  I'll be on the Battlestar Galactica panel at SDCC on Thursday, 7/18, at 10:30AM.  I understand there may be other surprise guests including a possible "hello" from the Admiral himself.  Since security wouldn't let me in last year (the room was full) I figured the best way to SEE the panel was to ask to be on it, and moderator Richard Hatch was kind enough to tender an invitation.  Anyhow, BSG is always fun to  blab about...

NEWS! Some very cool developments work-wise, but I have been asked to hold off any revelations until all can be coordinated.  I'm told an announcement of one of the projects will surface any day now (keep your eyes on Deadline Hollywood!). Suffice to say my lazy Summer has suddenly become a Worknado of writing madness...

NEWS! I actually did watch Sharknado.  First, I think it's cool that Anthony Ferrante, former editor of Fangoria, is now directing movies.  Second, well... I think it's cool that Anthony Ferrante, former editor of Fangoria, is directing movies.  Okay, that's a little snarky.  Actually, I'm kind of impressed by the sheer amount of bad CGI and "action" given what I assume must have been a *ahem* modest budget.  Plus it was set in Santa Monica, my almost home-base here in Los Angeles.  And John Heard was eaten by a shark.  Okay, that's enough on Sharknado...

* UPDATE 7/14: After much thought, I'm not sure Mr. Ferrante was actually the editor of Fangoria, but he did write for them...

No comments: