Sunday, February 01, 2009

Well THAT Was Fun! Battlestar at the Bagdad...

I managed to zip up to Portland Oregon last Friday evening, where I enjoyed Friday's episode of Battlestar Galactica, "The Oath", at the Bagdad Theater with 600-ish intense fans. I knew these guys were serious when I arrived an hour before the show and there was a line at least a block long of folks waiting to get in.

Radio guys Cort & Fat Boy were incredibly gracious hosts, and the audience was fantastic. It was really cool to hear the cheers and spontaneous applause when Starbuck went on the offense, and the screams when "To Be Continued" appeared were amazing.

After the show I answered questions and offered some backstage trivia about the episode. Some of the same info can be found in the interview I did with Mo Ryan at the Chicago Tribune, at http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2009/01/battlestar-galactica-oath-adama-roslin-tigh-gaeta.html. I'm told the session was video-taped so it may end up online at some point.

As we left the theater a bunch of fans drove past yelling "we love you!", and believe me, writers in television don't get that very often! Anyhow, it was a great way to see the show, and thanks again to all the great folks in Portland!