Thursday, October 23, 2008

Assorted News...

It's been extremely busy around the estate, polishing the Roman columns and tending the orchids, but in between I'm actually doing a little work...

Next week I'll be doing an on-camera interview for the BSG Season 4 Blu-Ray release... no idea when the discs are due out (hopefully around the release date of the regular DVDs, which right now are scheduled for early Jan. 2009) but I suppose that means BSG is definitely coming to Blu-Ray. Thank goodness I invested in an HD-disc player just before that format went belly up...

The trade paperback edition of my incredibly scary (and very well drawn, by John Bolton) Evil Dead adaptation is OUT and on the stands, verified 'cause I got my comp copies the other day. This is a much better read as a whole piece than as a series of comics, but they're all worth getting because I can always use more Roman columns. Very nice production job by the artistic wizards at Dark Horse, BTW!

Also, my short Halloween story (co-written with Harrison Wilcox) for the DC Halloween Special should be out now or very soon... the Elongated Man and his dead wife Sue tackle spooky trouble. Given that we're talking "Elongated Man," this one turned out pretty creepy, thanks to a wonderful art job by Dennis Calero.

And don't forget, My Name Is Bruce debuts this weekend in Austin Texas (Oct. 26) as Mr. Campbell begins his nationwide tour to flog, err, I mean, "promote" the film. If you haven't seen Mr. C. in person, you're missing some comedy gold. The dates and cities for his other appearances are all available on his website and I'll try to update if there are changes!