Thursday, January 18, 2007

Smithereens + Beatles = GOOD

One of my all time favorite bands, The Smithereens, have just released "Meet The Smithereens", which covers every track of the Beatles' "Meet The Beatles" album. Even though the arrangements are straight Beatles goodness, the Jersey boys still add their own flavor to the set, and my buddy Pat DiNizio's vocals are as great as ever. They're going to be touring to promote the record, so here's a chance to catch one of the best live bands around. Check out Pat's website (I'll put the url on the side of my blog as soon as I'm done posting this) for dates, details and other intriguing Smithereens news...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might just have to check that out. I love The Smithereens and I've loved The Beatles since childhood. Sounds like a really good combo.